Hardware Systems Engineering
- Senior Design Automation Engineer - IA-64 Processor Division
- Santa Clara, CA 95052, USA
- JOIN INTEL IN SANTA CLARA, CALIFORNIA!
- Intel earned its reputation for excellence by driving the performance of microprocessor development. The growing Microprocessor Products Group (MPG) drives our commitment to consistently develop new design techniques and improve the performance of future generations of Intel architecture. Join us in a dynamic fast-paced environment as we develop the next generation of leading edge microprocessor products.
- The MPG IA-64(tm) Processor Division is working on the high-end 64-bit architecture (IA-64) that's revolutionizing the workstation and server markets. Exciting developments are being made on the Merced microprocessor to be released in mid-1999. And as we look into the future, McKinley, the second-generation 64-bit architecture, will run at a minimum of 1GHz and will feature the largest on-chip Level 2 cache of any Intel chip. More importantly, the McKinley architecture will support a memory large enough to fit almost all databases, resulting in high-speed queries and other executions. Consider the following opportunity which currently exists on our team of professionals:
- SENIOR DESIGN AUTOMATION ENGINEER
- As a member of the next generation latest Merced(tm) CPU and future IA-64(tm) bit-architecture microprocessor design automation team, you will be responsible for supporting various physical design and Logic tools. You will be involved in developing tools and flows that are needed to take an existing database from one format to next generation tool suite. As part of the above tasks, there will be opportunities to develop some converter's flow testing, integrating new tools, and generating new flows.
- This position requires a MS in EE/CS or BS in EE/CS with 4+ years experience working as a Design Automation Engineer, CAD Developer, Design or Application Engineer. You should also have worked with the tools that are used in the EDA industry. Strong programming skills in C, C++ are essential for some positions. Experience with timing analysis tools, layout tools and logic front-end tools is a plus.
- JOIN INTEL NOW!
- For more information about Intel, visit our web site at www.intel.com. Intel offers excellent compensation and benefits that include employee profit sharing, stock ownership plans, periodic paid sabbaticals and relocation assistance. We prefer to receive resumes electronically.
- For prompt consideration, please e-mail your ASCII text resume by clicking on the "Submit Resume" hyperlink at the top of the left-hand side of this page. Please also reference Dept. Code DPI-202 on all correspondence.
- Intel Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and fully supports affirmative action practices. Intel also supports a drug-free workplace and requires that all offers of employment be contingent on satisfactory pre-employment drug test results. All other tradenames belong to their respective holders. ©1998, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
* Legal Information © 1999 Intel Corporation